Day: various (see options below)
Duration: 1 day
Add to cart
This 'hands-on' course will take you through all the stages of a digital filmmaking. The course covers camera and sound training (using Canon XM2 cameras and external boom mics) and introduces basic editing using Apple's iMovie. You will make a micro-short film with the rest of the class - this is an excellent opportunity to meet other up-and-coming filmmakers.
This course has been subsidised by The Film and Video Workshop to encourage and support filmmakers.
Upon completing this course, you will:
• Understand the different phases involved in a video production (Pre-production, Production & Post Production)
• Know how to operate a camera and microphone and how to use a tripod
• Understand shot composition and the terminology used
• Have an understanding of interviewing techniques
• Have an understanding of the documentary genre
• Gained basic experience in filming a sequence or an interview
Pre-Production (proposal • treatment • script • shooting script • storyboard • budget • scheduling• crew • equipment list • the Recce) • Production (the shooting schedule) • Post-Production (offline and online editing • sound design, music and the audio dub • colour grading • VO • graphics, credits and subtitles) • Camera language • Shot composition • Exercise: filming shots • Interviewing techniques • Planning a sequence • Exercise: filming a sequence
No previous experience is necessary. Students should be fluent in English.
Rani Khana has a BA Hons degree in Film & Video from the University of the Arts and has been making documentaries for the last thirteen years.
To enrol on this course either select from the Product Options below
or call us on 020 7607 8660