Time: 10:00 – 17:00
Duration: One day
Also available as an evening class
Price: £110 (Concessions £88)
Waiting List Course (see below)
This intensive one day course will give you a comprehensive introduction to video basics of editing, using the industry-standard editing software Final Cut Pro 7 (Final Cut Studio 3). With the solid grounding that this course provides, you should have few problems with basic editing in the future.
The course is condensed in one day. Media for use in class is provided, along with comprehensive accompanying notes.
Upon completing this course, you will:
• Know how to set up Final Cut Pro to minimise the risk of data-loss
• Be able to identify different audio/video cables and their uses
• Be able to set up an edit suite
• Be able to capture and ingest video in an ordered and logical manner
• Be able to perform a ‘three-point edit’ and target different tracks
• Understand how to mark footage and how this is useful in the edit
• Be able to edit a short sequence of digital video using a variety of edit tools
• Be able to edit audio on the soundtrack and understand how to adjust levels
• Know how to add titles and transition effects to an edit
• Be able to use the ‘Share’ function to produce DVDs, YouTube clips and other media-types from a finished edit
Students should be Mac or PC literate and fluent in English.
Waiting List Courses:
We aim to run our waiting list courses at least once per term. To be added to this course, click here to email us stating the name of the course you would like to attend or call us on 020 7607 8660.