The aim of this course is to develop an understanding of the principles of cinematography applied to shooting with the Canon 60D DSLR camera. Through a range of creative exercises you will discover the pros and cons of working with this equipment and how to avoid some of the most common pitfalls.
The course is condensed into one day. Media for use in class is provided, along with comprehensive accompanying notes.
Upon completing this course, you will:
• Get a solid understanding of exposure: ISO – F Stops and shutter speeds. Basic lighting considerations: white balance | Day light vs Tungsten light.
• Learn about composition and film terminology
• Understand resolution and its implications
• Learn about sound levels and Zoom recorders
• Experiment with different lenses
• Experiment with tripods and shoulder mounts
• Understand the subtle but significant changes in how you shot
Students should be Mac or PC literate and fluent in English.
Waiting List Courses:
We aim to run our waiting list courses at least once per term. To be added to this course, click here to email us stating the name of the course you would like to attend or call us on 020 7607 8660.