Momentum – ESF/SFA
The Momentum project was set up to deliver flexible learning opportunities that enable progression to sustainable further education, training or employment to 168 NEET or pre NEET young people. The project ran from Aug 08 to Dec 10. The SFA provided funding to the amount of £570,435.42. The key aims and objectives of the project were:
- Flexible entry level learning opportunities to re-engage NEET young people
- Including “life skills” and basic skills training.
- Volunteering opportunities or work placements with training
- Employment, further education or training
- Community learning projects for young people that promote social cohesion.
The partner organisations were Vital regeneration (lead), Space Studios, WAC and The Film and Video Workshop. The activity was evenly split between the partners. The Film and Video Workshop achieved 102% of their potential outputs.
|Filmworkshop overall performance|
|SFA output||Actual||Profiled||Performance against profile|
|Start Level 1||34||33||103%|
|Start Level 2||5||5||100%|
|Finish Entry level||4||5||80%|
|End Level 1||13||12||108%|
|End Level 2||3||3||100%|
|Start Work placement||3||3||100%|
|End Work placement||3||3||100%|
|Start further learning||9||5||180%|
|Start Voluntary work||2||2||100%|
|6 months in work||1||1||100%|
Highlights from our work included:
- Working with young woman on the issue of body image with an all female team creating a moving series of animations
- Helping two young people into permanent employment in the media sector.
- Developing close ties with a group of school and their inclusion teams as we developed a programme that suited their needs and made a difference to some of their most challenging children